Sweet Orange Essential Oil (citrus sinensis)
- Fresh, sweet, citrusy
- Helps fight acne
- Boosts immunity
- Aids detoxing
- Tones and brightens skin
- Add a few drops to face washes and creams to brighten skin
- Add to a toner or hair mask to balance pH levels
- Include in homemade beauty products
- Add to vinegar to make an all purpose cleaning spray
- Diffuse to clear the air or relieve anxiety
- Always dilute essential oils as they are very powerful
- Use Orange Essential Oil at 2% dilution
- If used topically, dilute with a carrier oil (coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil). These carrier oils are needed to prevent the essential oil from evaporating into the air and losing potency. As an added bonus, many carrier oils are very beneficial for the skin as well.
- Essential Oils are never to be ingested
- Use with caution (consult with a doctor) on children under 12 years
- Always store essential oils and products with essential oils in airtight containers, otherwise they will lose their potency
- Orange Essential Oil is photosensitive, meaning it contains natural chemicals that may react when exposed to sunlight. Exposure may result in irritation, itchiness, redness, and increased sensitivity to sunburns. To avoid a reaction avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after applying.
Essential oils are very concentrated and should be used with care. We recommend learning about each essential oil before use in order to fully benefit from them.
Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have pre-existing health conditions. Keep away from children and pets.
Curtis, S. (2016). Essential oils: All-natural remedies and recipes for your mind, body, and home. NY, NY: DK Publishing.