Rose Otto Essential Oil (Rosa Damascena)
Note: Rose Otto Essential Oil and Rose Absolute are both derived from roses, but are processed differently. Rose Otto Essential Oil is more concentrated and offers stronger benefits, though it is more expensive.
- Strong floral aroma
- fights acne
- hydrates skin
- soothes dry, itchy skin
- reduces stress
- eases symptoms related to menstruation and PMS
- relieves digestive discomfort
- Add a few drops to a skin toner, a face wash, or a face moisturizer
- Include in homemade skin moisturizers or creams and lotions
- Diffuse to create a relaxing aroma
- Always dilute essential oils as they are very potent
- Use Rose Otto Essential Oil at 1% dilution
- If used topically, dilute with a carrier oil (coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil). These carrier oils are needed to prevent the essential oil from evaporating into the air and losing potency. As an added bonus, many carrier oils are very beneficial for the skin as well.
- Essential oils are never to be ingested
- Use with caution (consult with a doctor) on children under 12 years
- Always store essential oils and products with essential oils in airtight container, otherwise they will lose their potency
Essential oils are very concentrated and should be used with care. We recommend learning about each essential oil before use in order to fully benefit from them.
Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have pre-existing health conditions. Keep away from children and pets.
Curtis, S. (2016). Essential oils: All-natural remedies and recipes for your mind, body, and home. NY, NY: DK Publishing.