Learning how to make your own lip balm is fun, easy, completely customizable and saves a ton of money!
Lip balm is a basic beauty staple that is used by everyone. Unfortunately the majority of store bought lip balms contain harmful ingredients such as parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and synthetic fragrances or flavours. Without even realizing it we can be exposing ourselves to these toxins multiple times a day.
The easiest way to avoid this is to make your own products with natural and processed ingredients.
All natural waxes are great for locking in moisture and hydrating dry, chapped skin. We chose to work with beeswax because of its hydrating properties. Candelillia wax and Soy wax are a great vegan friendly options.
We love using Vanilla and Peppermint essential oils. Feel free to mix and experiment with any scents to find a combination you love.
DIY Lip Balm
- 3 Tbsp Beeswax or substitute with Candelillia or Soy wax
- 4 Tbsp Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
- 5 Drops Essential Oil
Melt wax and coconut oil together.
Add essential oils and mix.
Pour into your container and let it set.
- Store in a container (preferably airtight) in a cool place.
- Essential oils are very concentrated and should be used with care. We recommend learning about each essential oil before use in order to fully benefit from them.
- Consult with your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have pre-existing health conditions. Keep away from children and pets.