Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus Limonum)
- Fresh and clean
- Boosts blood circulation
- Aids detoxing
- Tones skin and hair
- Great for oily skin types
- Add a few drops in a homemade deodorant to help neutralize scent
- Add to homemade cleaning products to help sanitize
- Essential oils are very potent and should always be diluted
- Use at 2% dilution
- It is recommended to spot test before using Lemon essential oil. Always dilute if using topically, otherwise it may irritate your skin.
- If used topically, dilute with a carrier oil (such as coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil) to avoid skin irritation. These carrier oils are necessary to prevent the essential oil from evaporating into the air and losing potency. As an added bonus, many carrier oils are extremely beneficial for the skin as well.
- All citrus oils are photosensitive. This means that when exposed to sunlight, they can react with the sun’s UV rays. This may cause and worsen burns, skin damage, and skin irritation. When using topically, do not expose the applied area to direct sunlight for at least 12 hours after application (24 hours for Bergamot essential oil).
- Citrus oils oxidize and go rancid quickly if not properly sealed. Once gone bad, these oils irritate the skin no matter how diluted. To prevent this, keep all essential oils and products with essential oils in sealed airtight containers.
- Essential oils are NEVER to be ingested
- Do not use on babies under three months
- Use with caution (consult with doctor) on children under 12
- Always store essential oils and products that contain essential oils in an airtight closed container, otherwise they will lose their potency
*Essential oils are very concentrated and should be used with care. Talk to your doctor before using if you are pregnant or nursing. Keep away from children and pets. When using essential oils we recommend talking to your doctor and researching about the the benefits and cautions to insure it is the right fit for you.
Curtis, S. (2016). Essential oils: All-natural remedies and recipes for your mind, body, and home. NY, NY: DK Publishing.