Self Care Sunday done right. This bath soak softens skin, eases muscle tension and pain, and helps to relax a stressed or anxious mind. We love using tea leaves in our bath soaks because it changes the colour of the water and makes your bath so darn pretty. Plus your skin literally soaks in the added benefits of the tea.
Lavender and Rose Otto essential oils both relax, calm, ease tension, and provide pain relief. Keep in mind that Lavender essential oil is a sleep aid, so please don’t fall asleep in your bathtub. This soak also makes the perfect gift!
Lavender Rose Bath Soak
- 2 Cups Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Dried Flowers or Tea Leaves optional (we used dried Lavender flowers and a Hibiscus Rose tea blend)
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Almond Oil
- 8 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 Drops Rose Otto Essential Oil
Mix sea salt and flowers or tea leaves together.
Combine sweet almond oil and essential oils in a second air tight container.
When ready to use pour 1/4 cup salt mixture and 1 tbsp oil mixture into a hot bath. Soak in it for at least 20 minutes.
- We separated the oils and dry ingredients because without a carrier oil the essential oils will evaporate into the air without penetrating the skin.
- When draining make sure to use a shower strainer to prevent clogging your pipes. Compost any remaining tea leaves. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 year.
Essential oils are very concentrated and should be used with care. Talk to your doctor before using if you are pregnant or nursing. Keep away from children and pets. When using essential oils we recommend talking to your doctor and researching about the the benefits and cautions to ensure it is the right fit for you.